1. Preview of Rob Bell’s New Book
“Rob Bell: In Modern World, God Is Becoming Irrelevant Like Oldsmobiles” – Report on Rob Bell’s new video preview of his upcoming book. (Christian Post)
“What we talk about when we talk about Oldsmobiles” – Rob Bell compares God to an Oldsmobile? (utter blasphemy) Denny Burk explains. Here is Bell’s YouTube promo for the book.
2. “‘Lifestyle Liberalism’ & Its Consequences” – A liberal family learns the consequences of living a liberal lifestyle. (The American Conservative)
3. “R.C. Sproul Jr. – The Church’s Silence on the Abortion Issue” – YouTube video from 2010 with R.C. Sproul, Jr. explaining the church’s silence on the abortion issue.
4. Two Gospel Coalition Articles by Jonathan Leeman and Joe Carter
“Create a Contrast Culture in Your Church” – Jonathan Leeman explains how a church can develop and cultivate a culture of discipling, of evangelism, of mutual care and hospitality.
“Canadian Supreme Court Ruling Has Implications for Christian Witness” – What are the implications of the Canadian Court’s ruling on hate speech? Joe Carter explains.
“Although Jesus said “the truth will set you free,” in Canada speaking the same truths proclaimed in God’s Word could potentially land Christians in jail.” – Joe Carter
1. “CT’s (Christianity Today’s) “Insider” Interview Prompts Questions and Concerns” – Kevin DeYoung comments on Christianity Today’s article ( “Worshiping Jesus in the Mosque” on the “inside movement”) where Muslims professing to be Christians have returned to their Muslim culture because they are rejecting the culture of the Christian church. (DeYoung, Restless, and Reformed)
2. “Cultivating Creativity and Freshness” – Ray Rhodes continues his series on how Christians can grow gracefully and be productive in their later years. (The Dancing Puritan)
3. “Five Reasons The Church Stands Guilty Over Abortion” – R.C. Sproul, Jr. gives five reasons why the church stands guilty over abortion. (Highlands Ministries)
4. “Atheists find togetherness and ritual in London’s new godless church” – Atheists start new godless church services in London. (The Raw Story)
5. “Creational Monotheism, Dr. Gerry Breshears, and Polytheistic Pastor John Mark Comer” – More from Ken Silva on John Mark Comer’s heretical view of creational monotheism and his relationship with Gerry Breshears. (Apprising Ministries)
6. “Training Up Godly Men” – Why it is important for pastors to train up godly men within their congregation to do ministry. (Shepherd the Sheep)
1. “Pre-Inauguration sermon tells Obama he’s ‘pastor-in-chief’” – Evangelical pastor, Andy Stanley, states during pre-inaugural sermon that President Obama should be called “Pastor in Chief”. (The Washington Examiner); The Christian Post also has a story on the Andy Stanley incident: “Pastor Andy Stanley Calls Obama ‘Pastor-in-Chief’ During Pre-Inauguration Sermon”.
2. “A Roomful of Yearning and Regret” – New York Times article on the awful cost and consequences of a marital affair. (New York Times)
3. “Women in Combat and the Undoing of Civilization” – Denny Burk comments on Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s removing a restriction banning women serving in the front lines of combat. (DennyBurk.com)
4. “Creepy’ Pro-Abortion Commercial Celebrating 40th ‘Anniversary’ of Roe v. Wade Disgusts Viewers” – Christian News article on the creepy and highly criticized pro-abortion video made by the Center for Reproductive Rights celebrating the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. (Christian News); Douglas Wilson also weighs in on this video: “On the Altar of Eight Thrusts” (Blog & Mablog)
5. “After 40 Years…Babies Are (Still) Murdered Here. .” – The following is the second trailer of Crown Rights Media’s upcoming documentary on abortion called “Babies Are Murdered Here” (Viewer Discretion Advised):
1. “American Christianity Vs. Biblical Christianity” – John Hendryx answers a question from a visitor by explaining the differences between American Christianity and Biblical Christianity (Reformation Theology).
2. “European Courts Rule Against Christians on Gay Marriage Issue” – Two articles from The Christian Institute related to European court rulings concerning the gay marriage issue:
“Daily Mail: Europe cases spell church gay marriage trouble” – The Christian Institute reports on the Daily Mail’s article regarding the European Courts rulings against two Christians. (The Christian Institute)
“Christian registrar loses European court case” – European Court rules against Christian registrar who lost her job because of her stance against gay marriage.
3. “Episcopal Gay-Affirming Pastor Chosen to Replace Louie Giglio for Obama Benediction” – Gay affirming pastor Rev. Dr. Luis León of St. James Church has been chosen to replace Louie Giglio at Barack Obama’s presidential inaugural. (The Christian Post)
4. “Ten Suggestions For My Unbelieving Friends” – R.C. Sproul, Jr. gives ten wise suggestions to his unbelieving friends. (Highlands Ministries)
1. Two helpful articles from Ligonier Ministries to start the new year right:
“Bible Reading Plans for 2013” – Nathan Bingham gives some suggestions on how to improve your Bible reading for 2013 (Ligonier Blog).
“5 Ways to Pray for Your Pastor in 2013” – Nicholas Batzig on five ways you can pray for your pastor (Ligonier Blog).
2. “2013 Bible Reading Plans and Helps…” – Eric Young gives more suggestions to improve your Bible reading for 2013 (Reformed Bibliophile).
3. “Reflections on Newtown: In Adam All Sin” – R.C. Sproul, Jr. explains why we are also reflections of Adam Lanza’s sin (Ligonier Blog).
4. “True Religion” – What makes true religion? Erik Raymond gives us the answer (The Ordinary Pastor).
1. “America’s First Big Digital Defeat” – Majority of U.N. members vote for governments to close off access to the Internet in their countries (The Wall Street Journal).
2. “One year later after the passing of your wife, what have you learned?” – R.C. Sproul, Jr. on the one year anniversary of his wife’s death (Highlands Ministries).
3. “Bill Maher Led a Promiscuous, Cocaine-Dealing Atheist to Christ” – Testimony at this years Together for the Gospel conference from John Joseph, a former cocaine-dealing atheist, who came to Christ because of a Bill Maher video (ThoughtLife).
4. “Film Producer accuses Church of Hate Speech” – Evangelist Ray Comfort accuses church in New Zealand of hate speech for posting billboard implying that Jesus was a homosexual (Christian News Net).
“This is a subtle form of hate speech. These people profess to be a Christian church but they are like a sentry falling asleep on duty. They are betraying those they are supposed to be protecting. How much do I have to hate homosexuals to lie to them about what the Bible says?” – Ray Comfort
5. “The 12 Best-selling MacArthur works” – Jesse Johnson lists twelve of John MacArthurs best selling books. You may be surprised by the results. (The Cripplegate)
1. “How Did This Happen? The Family Crisis as a Theological Crisis” – Al Mohler; Al on why the current family crisis in western culture is a theological one.
2. “Mississippi May Become First Abortion-Free State as Hospitals Refuse Last Abortion Facility” – Heather Clark; Mississippi may become the first abortion free state (Christian News).
3. “Where Did It All Go Wrong? ” – R.C. Sproul, Jr. – R.C. answers where did it all go wrong for the United States (Highland Mnistries).
4. “Heath Lambert on the Problem of Pornography” – Denny Burk; Denny refers to Heath Lambert’s excellent article “On the Problem with Pornography” from The Council of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (CBMW). Pornography may be a bigger problem within evangelicalism especially with Christian leaders.
5. “An Interview with Paul Washer” – Tim Challies interviews Paul Washer about his latest book “The Gospel’s Power and Message” and his ministry.