– Former Marine Ryan Smith’s Wall Street Journal article describes the realities facing women in combat now that the restriction has been lifted banning them from serving in the front lines of combat. “The Reality That Awaits Women in Combat” Denny Burk also responds to Ryan Smith’s Wall Street Journal article.
– A 2007 article from John Piper commenting about women in combat. (Desiring God Ministires) “Co-ed Combat and Cultural Cowardice”
– More from Ken Silva and Erin Benziger on Andy Stanley’s pre-inaugural sermon. (Apprising Ministries) “Andy Stanley: President Obama Should Be Called Pastor-in-Chief”
– John Hendryx answers a question about free will as it relates to salvation. (Reformation Theology) “Do People, by Nature, Have a Free Will to Come to Christ?”
– Evangelical pastor, Andy Stanley, states during pre-inaugural sermon that President Obama should be called “Pastor in Chief”. (The Washington Examiner); The Christian Post also has a story on the Andy Stanley incident: “Pre-Inauguration sermon tells Obama he’s ‘pastor-in-chief’” “Pastor Andy Stanley Calls Obama ‘Pastor-in-Chief’ During Pre-Inauguration Sermon”.
– New York Times article on the awful cost and consequences of a marital affair. (New York Times) “A Roomful of Yearning and Regret”
– Denny Burk comments on Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s removing a restriction banning women serving in the front lines of combat. (DennyBurk.com) “Women in Combat and the Undoing of Civilization”
– Christian News article on the creepy and highly criticized pro-abortion video made by the Center for Reproductive Rights celebrating the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. (Christian News); Douglas Wilson also weighs in on this video: “Creepy’ Pro-Abortion Commercial Celebrating 40th ‘Anniversary’ of Roe v. Wade Disgusts Viewers” (Blog & Mablog) “On the Altar of Eight Thrusts”
– The following is the second trailer of Crown Rights Media’s upcoming documentary on abortion called “Babies Are Murdered Here” (Viewer Discretion Advised): “After 40 Years…Babies Are (Still) Murdered Here. .”
Posted in News of Note |
Tagged Andy Stanley, Babies Are Murdered Here, Barack Obama, Center for Reproduction Rights, Doug Wilson, Fortieth Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, infidelity, Leon Panetta, marital affair, Mehcad Brooks, Pastor in Chief, presidential inauguration, R.C. Sproul Jr., Roe v. Wade, Wendy Plump, women in combat |