1. “Fed Judge Declares Anti-Gay Sermon a “Crime Against Humanity” – Massachusetts federal judge states in opinion that pastor’s sermon against homosexuality is a “crime against humanity”.
“A federal judge ruled that a biblically based denunciation of homosexuality was a “crime against humanity.” In his decision in the case of Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) v. Lively, U.S. District Court Judge Michael Ponsor held that Scott Lively, an evangelical pastor, was “aiding and abetting a crime against humanity” when Lively spoke in Uganda and in America against homosexual behavior. Ponsor wrote in his 79-page opinion that Lively’s message was “analogous to a terrorist designing and manufacturing a bomb in this country, which he then mails to Uganda with the intent that it explode there.” The plaintiff in the case is a consortium of groups based in Kampala, Uganda that fight for “fair and equal treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people” in the East Africa region. Ponsor says that Lively, by publishing tracts and delivering discourses condemning same-sex relationships, was acting as “an upper-level manager or leader of a criminal enterprise.” While in Uganda, Lively praised local pastors working to fight the proliferation of sexual activity between those of the same gender, basing his remarks on his interpretation of the Bible’s condemnation of such behavior. “I’ve never done anything in Uganda except preach the Gospel and speak my opinion about the homosexual issue,” Lively told the New York Times. Reading between the lines, it becomes apparent that the “criminal enterprise” in which Ponsor found Lively engaged was that of believing, preaching, and promoting Judeo-Christian morality in an age that glorifies ungodliness and exalts satisfaction of appetites above the sacrifice of self to the will of God.” – Joe Wolverton II, The New American
2. “Aaron Hernandez: Patriots Tight End Violent Evolution” – Rolling Stone’s feature on former Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez accused of first degree murder. (Rolling Stone)
3. “California Senate Approves Bill Allowing Nurses to Do Abortions” – Senate in California approves bill allowing nurses to do abortions. (Life Site News)
“The abortion lobby says abortion should be between a woman and her doctor, but the California Senate on Monday approved a bill allowing… nurses to do abortions, even though licensed physicians kill and injure women in abortions. “The Senate approved AB 154, a measure that would reduce medical standards that currently require surgical abortions to be performed by a physician and would instead allow first trimester abortions to be performed by physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurse midwives. The Senate approved AB154 on a mostly party-line, 25-11 vote and now the state Assembly must sign off on the changes the Senate made.” – Steven Ertelt , LifeSite News
4. Todd Friel and Matt Walsh on Robin Thicke and why he is just as culpable as Miley Cyrus
“Forget Miley, what about the “man” on stage with her?” – Todd Friel on why we should also be focusing on the man on stage who was with Miley Cyrus during her MTV VMA performance. (Wretched)
“Dear son, don’t let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you” – Matt Walsh writes an open letter to his son about Robin Thicke and Mily Cyrus. (The Matt Walsh Blog)
5. “Martin Luther King, Jr. at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary” – Al Mohler on Martin Luther King’s sermon at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1961. (AlbertMohler.com)
6. “Five Reasons We Don’t Evangelize” – Michael McKinley gives five reasons why Christians don’t evangelize. (9Marks)
1. “Kentucky Sued in Federal Court in Effort to Force State to Recognize Homosexual ‘Marriages’” – Gay couple files lawsuit against state of Kentucky for marriage discrimination. (Christian News)
“Two homosexual men from Kentucky have filed suit in an effort to challenge the state’s current ban on recognizing same-sex marriages performed both out of state and out of the country. Attorneys for Greg Bourke and Michael DeLeon, both 55, filed the legal challenge on Friday in federal court, contending that Kentucky’s statute violates the Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the 14th Amendment.” – Heather Clark, Christian News
2. “The First Step of Leadership” – John MacArthur on the roles of men and women in the church, and the first steps of leadership. (Grace To You)
3. “‘Ex-gay is OK’” – Former homosexuals demand recognition and equal rights in Washington D.C. (World Magazine)
4. “10 Surprising Reasons Our Kids LEAVE Church” – Marc Yoder gives ten reasons why Christian kids are leaving church. (Church Leaders)
5. “Adoption’s quiet secret” – What is adoption’s quiet secret? Wretched’s Todd Friel gives us the answer. (YouTube)
1. “Martin Bashir Explains the Gospel to Bill O’Reilly” – Bill O’Reilly claims that Jesus died over taxes? Martin Bashir sets him straight. (The Gospel Coalition); Here is the Martin Bashir YouTube segment from Wretched:
2. “Our President Blesses Sin; God Help Us” – Dr. Ken Hutcherson on President Obama blessing Planned Parenthood and supporting basketball player Jason Collins. (Christian Post)
3. “Religious battle lines” – Edward Lee Pitts on the military punishing and possibly court martialing Christian soldiers who prosthelytize. (World Magazine)
4. “The World’s Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society” – The Pew Forum’s study on Muslims and their attitudes on jihad and sharia law. It’s not good. (The Pew Forum)
5. “Calls for group marriage after gay marriage legalised in NZ” – Advocates now want polygamy legalized after gay marriage legalized in New Zealand. (The Christian Institute)
1. “Mother Jones’ shameful attack on the Christian adoption movement” – Jonathan Merritt responds to Kathryn Joyce’s Mother Jones article attacking the Christian adoption movement. (Religion News Network)
2. “Meet the family who sent six kids to college by age 12” – Family sends six kids to college by age 12. (Today.com)
3. “Boy Scouts proposal: let in gay youth, keep out gay adults” – Boy Scouts of America propose to let gay youth in, and keep out gay adults. (Reuters); Also the New York Times article on the issue: “Boy Scouts Move to Lift Ban on Gay Youth Members” .
4. “France legalizes gay marriage after harsh debate” – French government legalizes gay marriage. (AP)
5. “A Basketball Blowout and Its Celebration Raise Theological Questions” – Christian school justifies running up score on weaker opponent by saying that they’re doing it for the glory of God. (New York Times)
6. “Wretched: You might be a false teacher if… .” – Todd Friel gives gives a few clues on how one may be a false teacher. (Wretched)
1. “Five Steps to Get Beyond Sacred Cows in the Church” – Thorn Ranier gives five steps to get beyond sacred cows in church as they relate to ministry. (ThornRanier.com)
2. “The Unitarian controversy over polyamory” – Gene Edward Veith comments on the Washington Post article about Unitartian Universalists desiring that polyamorist activists within their ranks remain silent. (Patheos.com).
3. “Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Slaps Down Anti-Gay Marriage Activist At Shareholder Meeting” – Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz reiterates stance on support of gay marriage during shareholders meeting. (Business Insider)
4. “A Christian Man’s Travel Plan” – Garrett Kell gives some wise counsel for how Christian leaders can stay accountable when traveling alone. (GarrettKell.com)
5. “Why some people refuse to judge false teachers” – Todd Friel on why some people excuse false teachers. (Wretched)
1. Two excellent articles from Reformation 21’s Carl Trueman: Carl’s first article, “Adam and Eve and Pinch Me” , is on how our view of creation and evolution inevitably effects our view of complementarianism. Carl’s second article, “Chalke it up to experience!”, is on why British evangelical Steve Chalke’s acceptance of monogamous homosexual relationships in a Christian context isn’t surprising. (Reformation 21)
2. “3 Ways to Live With Joy” – Tim Challies gives us 3 ways to live with joy based on the Book of Ecclesiastes. (TimChallies.com)
3. “Jesus Culture is More Dangerous than bad politics” – The following is a YouTube video of Todd Friel and Phil Johnson’s conversation on why the Christian praise group, “Jesus Culture”, is more dangerous than bad politics.
4. “Pastor Giglio and the New Moral McCarthyism” – Tony Perkin’s of The Christian Post on Louie Giglio and the New Moral McCarthyism. (The Christian Post)
1. “Let My Tebow Go” – Atheist makes plea for Tim Tebow to start using arguments from Kierkegaard and Sartre. Goes to show you that even atheists want to believe in miracles (New York Times).
2. Why Evil? – Todd Friel explains how God uses sin sinlessly (Wretched)
3. “Newtown and My Troubled Heart” – Has our society become more callous and jaded? Thabiti Anyabwile asks if we should be feeling more because of the tragedy in Newtown (The Gospel Coalition).
4. “Exposing the Hypocrisy of the Culture of Death” – Justin Edwards posts two quotes from John MacArthur and James White in regards to the Newtown massacre and abortion (airo).
5. More on the Ravi Zacharias Praising Joyce Meyer Issue:
“Ravi Zacharias Praises Word Faith Preacher Joyce Meyer” – Concerned AM reader sends letter to RZIM. RZIM responds. (Apprising Ministries)
“Apprising Ministries Letter to RZIM RE: Ravi Zacharias Praising Joyce Meyer” – Ken Silva sends a letter to Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) asking why Ravi was praising Word Faith heretic Joyce Meyer on her show (Apprising Ministries).
For more on Joyce Meyer, the following is an episode of “Wretched” where Todd Friel talks about Meyer’s false teaching:
6. “Government Backs Down on Contraceptive Mandate” – Government backs down on contraceptive mandate after Circuit Court rules against Department of Health Services contraceptive mandate which would have forced religious institutions to provide contraception (including the abortion pill) for its employees (Christianity Today).
7. The e-book version of “The Works of Thomas Brooks” is now on sale for .99 at the Monergism Books website.
1. “Genius The Movie Trailer” – The trailer for “Genius” the new documentary by Ray Comfort and the makers of “180”. Movie will be released on December 8.
2. “Rick Warren Uncertain if Homosexual Behavior is Sinful, Says ‘Gays’ Go to Heaven” – Post from Heather Clark of Christian News Network related to Rick Warren’s interview with the Huffington Post’s Marc Lamont Hill on the subject of homosexuality.
3. “My Gay Roommate” – Denny Burk on Eric Teetsel’s video testimony about a former gay roommate who had to make a decision between homosexuality and Christ.
4. “Paul & Tedd Tripp $1.99 Grab Bag” – $1.99 sale price on selected Paul and David Tripp e-books including “Shepherding A Child’s Heart” and “Instructing A Child’s Heart” (Gospel ebooks).
5. “Fox News and the Republican Party Are Not Your Friends” – Todd Friel on why Fox News and the Republican Party may be parting ways with Evangelical Christians (The Christian Post).